Somewhat with little enthusiasm I marked today the recent exam for the semantic web course I had given this and previous year. What kept me going was the fact that this is not only the last exam for that particular course, but that it is also the last course for me, hopefully for a very long time.
The course had not been difficult or anything, quite pleasureable actually. And as usual I also experimented with new ways to explain stuff, new material, new tasks, and new exam question.
As my interests shift I will have to jettison a few things.
The last iteration was definitely smoother than the one before, both in terms of content and organisation. And dealing with students was quite fun.
Anmeldung ab Wann?
- ab 29. 1. 2009
- 2. Stock -> Glastuer
- rechts davon ein Aushang mit 2 x A4 mit Zeitraster 9:00 - 18:00
- Achtung: 20. Jaenner links, 21.
- A certification authority (CA) issues certificates to certifiable entities, such as persons and organisations. A CA itself is an organisation.
- After that a person or organisation is said to hold the certificate.
- A certificate has a unique ID, a key length (in Kbits) and exactly one of the following purposes: email, e-government, developer, contracting.
- CAs hold revocation lists where they list all certificates which have been revoked.
(siehe Anhang fuer groessere Version)
- 2. Stock
- rechts davon Aushang mit 2 x A4, mit ESW gekennzeichnet
- Jede Gruppe traegt sich mit ihren Matrikelnummern ein.
The curricula for Bachelor- und Masterstudien der Informatik at the Technische Universitaet Wien have been published as LaTeX documents.
All information therein about particular subjects, their titles, modalities and other specifics, into which topical focus they fall, etc.
- 6.2.2009 10:56: I have just submitted the results of the exam (and the lab assignments) to the university. These will be posted at the usual place. On paper which is low-tech, but working. The results will be held back for a week or so, before they will be forwarded to the central administration.
- 1.2.2009 16:54: Marking of exams is very cumbersome and slow. Still 4 questions are missing. Maybe some time next week.
- 26.1.2009 19:44: BTW, The State of the SW was published.
Comments on the end term exam
The end result was quite good, given the fact that the questions were certainly not trivial and you did not have yet sample questions to practice on. Here is the statistics, almost equally spread over the spectrum.
And, yes, there is really someone with 98%.
One issue I found is that - allowing the laptop - I implicitly allowed the open Internet. This had some consequences:
- It forced me to create tasks towards your deeper
- open book: you can bring anything with you, that is anything, which is not human
- language: the text and your answers will be in English,
- duration: test will last about 2 hours
- identity proof: bring some document with you which links you with a student ID (Matrikelnummer)
See the attachments.
Here is a sample of the kind of questions you might expect:
- Given a particular (set of) DL definition(s), what is their equivalent in FOL (first order logic)?
- Given a particular FOL expression, what is the equivalent \
Today I was poking around the Jena RDF Framework, mostly to figure out how one would use an OWL reasoner there.
- 14.5. 18:48: For the exam last week: the results are on their way into the database. The results being not very good this time...
- 31.3. 14:14: The gods of the administration have spoken and reserved for our two outstanding exams:
Do. 8.5.2008, 17:00 - 19:00 HS 6 (Karlsplatz Hauptgebaeude)
Do. 19.6.2008, 17:00 - 19:00 HS 6 (Karlsplatz Hauptgebaeude)
- 30.3. 15:03: I am still trying to get a room for the two remaining exam opportunities. One should be around start of May, the other end of June (possibly July?).